What to Bring to Outdoor Concert/Event
If you are planning to attend an outdoor concert, festival, or special event this summer, of course you are incredibly excited. But don’t let your excitement overshadow some important considerations. Foremost among those is the fact that most outdoor events have a list of things you can and cannot bring.
As a general rule, here are some important things to bring to an outdoor event in any venue:
- Water – Some venues (burning man) have no source of water on site. Make sure you know what the rules are and bring plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Hat/Sunglasses – Protect your eyes from the sun by packing sunglasses or a hat.
- Chapstick – Outdoor events expose you to sun, heat, sweat, dust, and a variety of drinks. Pack chapstick to help keep your lips hydrated and prevent sunburn.
- Comfortable Clothes – If your event is overnight, make sure you pack comfortable clothes. Layering is a good idea since temperatures can fluctuate dramatically between night and day.
- Hygiene Supplies – Most outdoor venues will not have ready access to items like toothbrushes, over-the-counter medications, or feminine supplies. Make sure you bring any of these supplies with you.
- Baby Wipes – In lieu of a hot shower or soap and water, baby wipes can help you stay clean and sanitary.
Always check with the venue before attending an event to make sure you follow the rules. Then, pack the essentials you need to have a fantastic and safe adventure.